Fairbanks Refrigerator Repair and Maintenance
Refrigerators may the most frequently used appliance in your entire home. They never turn off! Investing a little time in keeping your refrigerator well-maintained can have a lot of benefits and will pay off greatly in the future. And having a Fairbanks refrigerator repair specialist handle any problems you encounter will be a huge advantage. It'll save you time and money in often expensive repairs, and it'll extend your refrigerators lifespan, which saves you a great deal of money on replacements
If your refrigerator is nearly constantly running, but isn't cooling as quickly or as efficiently as it should, you'll need repairs as soon as possible. Most likely, your condenser coils are malfunctioning or dirty. Dirty kitchen floors or pets can make the situation worse. The condenser coils attract dust and pet hair, so keeping the area around your refrigerator clean can help to prevent the problem. You should also try to vacuum around and underneath the refrigerator at least a couple of times year, making sure to use an attachment to get all the way beneath the refrigerator. If it's too late to take preventative measures, our Fairbanks refrigerator repair and maintenance specialists can help you get your refrigerator back in to the best condition possible.
Fairbanks Refrigerator Maintenance for a Longer Refrigerator Life-Span
There are a lot of steps you can take on your own to ensure the longest possible life-span from your refrigerator. A little bit of regular cleaning can go a long way toward keeping some simple problems from ever occurring. Some of the things you can do to prevent problems include:
- Always get rid of old, expired foods. And always be vigilant about mold. Mold can spread very quickly and cause all sorts of refrigeration problems, so never leave any moldy food inside for any length of time.
- Clean your drawers, chelves, and racks frequently. Most of the time, these cab removed for a thorough cleaning. They're most likely dishwasher safe, as well, which can be a huge time-saver. If not, simply sink wash them with water and either a food-safe soap or baking powder. Be sure to thoroughly dry everything before putting it back in the refrigerator to prevent mold and odors.
- Check that your door seals tightly. One easy way to test this is to put a dollar bills in the doorway and close it. If you can easily remove the dollar, you probably need Fairbanks refrigerator repairs.
Fairbanks Refrigerator Repair and Maintenance Professionals
While some basic maintenance and preventative measure can be taken on your own when it comes to Fairbanks refrigerator repairs and maintenance, there are times that it's necessary to hire a professional. Toxic coolants under pressure and sensitive areas of the refrigerator need to be handled by a licensed, experience professional. You should always call a Fairbanks Refrigerator repair specialist if any of the following occur:
- Your refrigerator is not running efficiently and you hear a hissing sound.
- The freezer floor has an oily residue.
- You know that the condenser coils have been damaged.
- Your refrigerator is leaking large amounts of water.
- Condensation collects on the outside of the refrigerator.
- The refrigerator cycles on and off, even after cleaning the condenser coils.